Specialist Police Lawyers
Why Taylor Law?
We are specialist police lawyers and a nationally approved provider of legal services to the Police Federation of England & Wales (PFEW). We represent police officers across a full range of matters including employment cases, civil claims, police misconduct and criminal cases, breach of the Data
Protection Act and the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.
We understand how stressful legal cases are and we will do all we can to support and advise you throughout this difficult time.
Genuine police law expertise
Our firm specialises in police law and our lawyers are genuine experts in the field. Our director has over 25 years’ experience of police law matters and is considered one of the North’s leading solicitors in the area. His cases include high profile PFEW matters, representing clients at the
Investigatory Powers Tribunal, defending police officers in respect of alleged breaches of the Standards of Professional Behaviour and cases resulting from deaths in custody He has significant experience of civil claims for assault, malicious prosecution, misfeasance in public office, false imprisonment, breaches of the Human Rights Act and trespass. In addition, one of our lawyers advised officers in Operation Elveden and Operation Russia.
Also included in our team are the country’s leading specialists in police pension law, police ill-health, Police Medical Appeal Boards and injury on duty awards. Their work has led to changes in the law regarding police pensions and they have represented clients in respect of K5 pension forfeiture
Among our many police law specialists, we have an ex-police officer and former Police Federation Representative.
When you need a solicitor with undisputed expertise in representing police officers, our team will provide this, as well as an outstanding service. We will stay by your side throughout the matter to provide guidance and support and will provide robust representation where that is required.
We work proactively to try and resolve issues as quickly as possible. Our advice is honest and practical, and our team are friendly and approachable.
We advise and represent police officer clients in all legal matters, including the following:
- Professional Standards Department and the Independent Office for Police Conduct investigations
- Drafting responses to regulation 15/17 notices
- Advising in appeals to the Police Appeals Tribunal
- Dealing with judicial review challenges
- Police employment issues
- Sexual, racial and disability discrimination
- Crime, both on and off duty
- Road traffic offences
- Seizures of mobile phones and/or electronic equipment
- Claims under the Data Protection Act
- Claims under the Human Rights Act
- Applications to the IPT following breaches of the Regulation of the Investigatory Powers Act 2000
- Civil claims, including malicious prosecution, wrongful arrest, false imprisonment, misfeasance in public office, injunctions, and judicial reviews.
- Personal injury, both on and off duty
- Police pensions and injury on duty awards
At Taylor Law we have an excellent track record of success in representing police officers across a range of issues.
We have police law solicitors in Leeds, Middlesbrough and London who can step in immediately to represent you and provide genuinely expert advice.
For an initial discussion, ring us on 0113 532 8100 (Leeds), 01642 221 108 (Middlesbrough) or 0203 780 7646 (London) or fill in our Contact Form.
“Scott is the consummate professional, honest and trustworthy with all the right contacts. Successfully represented me in my Employment proceedings, can’t fault the man, he’s a credit to himself and the legal fraternity.”